Can you say that you honestly “know” your neighbors? Or, are your neighbors just “the people next door”?
If this sounds like you, then maybe you should get to know who lives next door to you. I have highlighted some tips below to help you “break the ice” and get to know your neighbors a little bit better.
- Say “hello” and introduce yourself
- Organize a housewarming party
- Invite them over for a drink
- Throw a backyard BBQ
- Have a “cook-off” and share your best dishes/recipes
- Lend a hand with something
- Bring over a “red plate” with baked goods
- Always be friendly by saying “hello, good day” every time you see them
- Host a family game night and invite them over
- If they have a pet, offer a pet gift basket of treats
- Spend quality time with yard maintenance and admire each other’s yardsmanship
- Show that you value their opinion by asking for help and/or advice
These are just a few, but I’m sure with a little creativity you can come up with many more so that you can enjoy your neighbors more instead of them being “just the people next door”.